‘What I Love About Kew’ Photo Exhibition
We love Kew and want to know what you love about it too – in pictures! We invite amateur photographers of all ages to be involved and celebrate all that is interesting and beautiful about Kew!
Enter and you could win:
- 12 and under – $500 voucher to be spent in Kew Junction
- 13 to 17 – $500 voucher to be spent in Kew Junction
- 18 and over – $1000 voucher to be spent in Kew Junction
* vouchers can be spilt up over several Kew Junction stores, with a min of $100 voucher per store (put in link to directory so people can see just some of the stores in Kew)
PLUS, 3 x winners and 7 x finalists from each category will be exhibited for 2 weeks in shop windows on Kew High St, in an on-street gallery celebrating Kew
Love to enter? Here’s the important bit!
- Theme is ‘What I love about Kew’ – so all photos submitted must pertain to this theme
- Must be amateur photographers – no professionals
- Image must be supplied in two sizes and be sent as JPEG RGB:
- Image 1 must be submitted no smaller than 150 dpi when sized at 20 x 30 inches or 3000 x 4500 pixels;
- Image 2 must be submitted as no smaller than 1200pxls by 800pxls to be uploaded to the Gallery on the KJBA website
- Judged on creativity, adherence to theme, technical
Dates of note:
- All entries due on Tue, August 6 at 8pm
- Judging and printing of finalist images for three weeks
- Sat, Aug 17 at 1pm – announcement of 1 x winner per category and 7 x finalists
- All art shown in shop windows for 2 weeks following Awards
IMPORTANT! TO ENTER, PLEASE READ FULL T&Cs AND FIND OUT HOW TO SUBMIT HERE:
About Our Judges
Karen Pike is the owner of Kew based Photographic studio Vanilla Images, which specialises in Newborn, Family and Wedding Photography. Always a bit of a “people watcher”, Karen picked up her first camera, at age 12, and hasn’t put one down since. She has studied both Degrees and Diplomas in Cinematography and Photography, and has over 15 years of professional experience photographing couples and families.
Leanne Cole is a Fine Art Photographer, with a Bachelor of Fine Art from the Victoria College of the Arts, who is passionate about the environment and likes to photograph it as much as possible. She spends a great deal of time photographing the city of Melbourne and surrounds. Leanne is a regular contributor to Digital Photography School and spends time writing for her own blog as well as guest blogging on other sites. She is also a teacher and mentor to those that want to learn more about photography or how to be a fine art photographer.
Paul Hume is the owner and operator of PHOTOQ. Based in Kew, PHOTOQ specialises in film and digital printing, image restoration, picture framing and home movie digitisation.
This competition is proudly supported by local Kew business, PhotoQ.