Takeout & Trivia
Love a little fun during your lock down? Join us for a free online trivia event on Sat, October 17 at 8pm in a Kew Junction Facebook event.
The way it works: Anyone can get online at 8pm and join in. Team sizes are not limited in any way and you can join together with your friends via Zoom or video link up to play. Aimon Clark of Isolation Trivia will be your esteemed host for approx 1 hour and 20 mins. Prizes will be handed out during, and at the conclusion, of the event. As it is online, it is an honesty system and we hope everyone participates in this spirit.
- 5 x $20 vouchers to be won by anyone involved in the trivia
- 3 x $100 vouchers that can only be won by participants with a code
Vouchers are for a local, independent Kew business of your choice.
How do you get this code you ask? All you need do is order takeaway from any of the restaurants listed below between Oct 3 and Sept Oct 17. You will receive a code on a card with your food. PLEASE DO NOT share this code with anyone or post it in the chat during trivia.
If, for some reason, you get a delivery from one of the businesses below between Oct 3 and Oct 17 and don’t receive the card – DM a photo of your receipt to Kew Junction Messenger and we will message you the code.
- $50 voucher for use at Drummond Golf Kew (only)
- One 45-minute golf lesson with PGA coaching professional, Roland Baglin, at Big Swing Golf Kew, valued at $95
- One hour of multisport playing time for up to 4 people at Big Swing Golf Kew (subject to COVID-safe conditions), valued at $65. Sports include soccer, cricket, ice hockey, gridiron, golf and zombie dodgeball
- One hour of golf practice time for one person at Big Swing Golf Kew, valued at $35
Don’t want to miss this event? Head to the Facebook event page and click Going so you’ll get notifications in the lead up.
Tips for Trivia
- You do not need to register for the trivia. Please do not fill out the form on the website until the quiz ends
- The quiz will go live on the FB event when it is scheduled. We will give everyone a few minutes to get on and get ready to play
- You can play with your household or create a virtual team with some friends
- Most people will the stream on one device and use Zoom/Skype/FaceTime on a different device or window to collaborate with their team. Usually someone in a Zoom room will ’share their screen’ while watching the video so everyone can collaborate at the same time
- Use a blank page or document to note your answers down and mark your own answer sheet. Honesty is key
- At the end of trivia go to isolationtrivia.com/scores to submit your score. The rankings of all scores will be posted in the FB event within 45 mins of the quiz finishing (if everything goes to plan!) so people can see how they went compared to other players.
Mister Bianco – 285 High Street, Kew
During the lockdown we are open for coffee and cannoli from Wed to Sun 8AM to 12AM.
We deliver food from our Italian Job menu (ie cold) from Tuesday to Sunday 12AM to 5PM. You can pick up cold food from 12AM to 5PM on Tuesday & Wednesday and from 12AM to 7.30PM Thursday to Saturday.
Hot food can only be picked up from 5PM to 7.30PM Thursday to Saturday.
Head to our website for menu and order options.
Dawson – 241 High Street, Kew
Postmaster Hotel – 186 High Street, Kew
Wokaholic – 8 Parkhill Road, Kew
Jade Kew Chinese Restaurant – 4 Walpole Street, Kew
Open for lunch 12PM – 3PM and dinner 5PM – 8PM. Pickup and delivery available. See menu and order online here.
Aachis – 158 High Street, Kew
The Wasabi Place – 192 High Street, Kew
Buoy Pizza – 14 Walpole Street, Kew
Ichii Sushi – 52 Cotham Road, Kew
Chooks and Chips – 329 High Street, Kew
Saigo Chinese BBQ Takeaway – 244 High Street, Kew
Strictly Thai – 170 High Street, Kew
Sparechair Cafe – 2 -12 Derby St, Kew
We’ve done all of the hard work for you at Sparechair Cafe by cooking fresh take-home meals daily. We’ve utilised the fresh produce from our community garden to bring you a variety of meals, perfect for a quick lunch or comforting dinner. To view our latest specials, head to our Instagram page @Sparechaircafe. You can also find us on the Skip app.
- Assorted Pies
- Sausage Rolls
- Vegetarian Quiches and Quiche Lorraine
- Shepherd’s Pies
- Lasagne and Vegetarian Lasagne
- Egg and Bacon Brioche
- Fresh Sweet and Savoury Muffins Daily
- Daily Soup Options
- Changing menu items inc. Chicken Scallopini, Vietnamese Chicken Salad, Seafood and Chorizo Paella, Beef Stirfry
Open Monday – Friday 8AM – 2PM. Now taking orders for pickup or delivery. Call on 0472 813 263 or email email@example.com